Summary: Watermelon Salad with Feta Cheese and Black Olives is a great summertime salad, due to the fact that melons are best in season. Watermelon salad is a refreshing & cool, with bright flavors, and great red, green & white colors. The sweet watermelon against the dry flavorful feta cheese, combined with the saltiness of the black cured olives, topped with micro greens (I love pea shoots) lemon, olive oil. Very clean tasty and unique flavors.
- half a watermelon
- 1 cup black oil cured olives
- 1 cup of feta cheese
- 1 lemon
- 2 bunches of watercress or a good micro green
- olive oil
- coarse sea salt
- you’ll need 2 mixing bows 1 large 1 medium.
- Cut up melon into medium size cubes, place in bowl
- take your olives and take the pits out and tear in half put in bowl
- squeeze half the lemon in the bowl try not to get the pits in.
- Add salt and olive oil then mix
- now add all the cheese mix gently.
- In the other bowl squeeze the other half of the lemon add salt, olive oil and mix thoroughly now add greens add dress lightly.
- Now time to combine
- first plate the melon, cheese and olives
- place the greens on top of that
- finish with a good olive oil.
- This is a fun summer salad, enjoy!
Cooking Times/Difficulty Levels
- Prep Time: 5-10 minutes
- Cook Time: none
- Difficulty Level: Easy
Recipe by StonedChef.com