- 1 large white sweet onion
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup of your favorite hot sauce (Tabasco)
- ¼ cup flour
- salt & pepper
- olive oil.
- heat up large frying pan,
- add olive oil about 1/2 inch deep.
- crack open and beat 1 egg in large bowl.
- Now add 1/4 cup of hot sauce
- slice onion, I like very thin slices, add to bowl.
- Mix egg & onions in a large bowl, mix thoroughly.
- Have a separate bowl with flour, add flour mix try to coat all the onions use more or less flour if needed.
- Take onions out of flour and shake off excess flour.
- In large frying pan, carefully place battered onions, evenly spread out in pan. (med to high heat)
- Don’t touch for about 2-3 minuits, or until golden brown or desired color.
- Now mix to cook other sides of onions.
- Take off heat when color is correct, may take 10 minutes or so.
- place on dish
- add a pinch of salt and use for whatever you want.
This is a very easy dish and tastes great with fillet Mignon, enjoy.
Recipe by StonedChef.com