Summary: This is a healthy quick easy soup dish. Simple ingredients and can be upgraded with some imagination. Sub out ham and use lump crab meat and lemon zest. Or add some cream or cheese with artichokes and make a dip?
- 1 cup of diced country ham. Or not if you’re a vegetarian.
- 3 cups of frozen peas
- 1 medium onion, chopped.
- Salt –pepper and a little extra virgin olive oil.
- Some hot water, the water you use to blanch the peas.
- In a large pot heat up some water and season it with about 2 nice pinches of salt.
- In medium frying pan heat high then add cubed ham. We want a golden or charred outside, so you might want to add some olive oil. When done just put to the side.
- In a pot of boiling water add the peas and the chopped onion.
- Poach for about 2-3 minutes. Strain out of water and put into Cuisinart. Make sure you save the water you poached the peas in.
- Now just pulse till smooth. Slowly add some of the hot water to thin out the pea soup.
- Now pour into bowl add some crispy bacon and finish with some good extra virgin olive oil. enjoy You can serve like this or put in refrigerator and heat up when you want.