This is the best gelato ever, pot and gelato together, creamy rich, elegant pot flavored. It’s so easy and so much fun!
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- About 1 cup of sugar
- 5 egg yolks
- About 1/8th of your favorite herb!
- In a large mixing bowl add 1 cup of cream, 1cup of milk, 1 cup of sugar, and 5 egg yolks.
- Mix or whisk for about 5-6 minutes.
- In a skillet heat high add a 3 second squirt of olive oil let it get hot.
- Add ground herbs, and mix for about 4-5 minutes. It will look like pesto. That’s good.
- Now take your sautéed pot off the heat and put it in a bowl. Just let it cool down.
- Now add your pot olive oil to the ice cream maker it should stick against the walls and crystalize. This will give it a crunchy texture.
- Now add the custard and set it on high for about 15-20 minutes.
- If it doesn’t come out ice cream like, just put it in the freezer for a few hours. It will set and be delicious!
- You can use almost any herb, here are some of easy ideas : basil, rosemary, vanilla, lemon thyme etc.