This is a classic easy fun dessert. Cool, sweet, rich, luscious cantaloupe frozen to a smooth perfection. Add a scoop of sorbetti to a glass of sparkling wine for the perfect summertime treat. Or just enjoy with a small pinch of kosher salt, natural for the purest.
- 1 medium ripe if possible cantaloupe. If not ripe it’s ok too.
- About ½ cup of superfine sugar. This measurement varies depending on ripeness.
- ½ fresh squeezed lemon.
- 1 table spoon of pectin. Pectin is an assisted gel mostly used for jams and jellies. This will prevent your sorbet for becoming a block of ice.
- Peel and cut cantaloupe small or medium pieces.
- In a medium pot add cantaloupe. Add water only enough to cover half of the cut cantaloupe.
- Add pectin, lemon juice and a pinch of sea salt.
- Bring to a boil and add ¼ cup of sugar. After it reaches a boil bring the heat down to a simmer and leave for about 5 to 7 minutes. Always stirring and tasting.
- Add to blender and blend to smooth.
- Taste does it need sugar? Lemon juice? Now’s the time to make those adjustments.
- Put in ice cream maker and turn on, leave it alone for about 20 minutes.
That’s it, enjoy! Put in container and store in freezer after you enjoy the first patch. If you don’t have an ice cream maker don’t worry! It will take a little more work but you can do it. In a medium zip lock bag put pureed cantaloupe. Put that in a larger zip lock bag, fill that up with ice and shake away about 20 minutes of shaking it should be ready if not keep shaking. Enjoy this any time of the year, it’s sure to be a hit.
Preparation time: 2-5
Cooking time: 35 minute(s)
Difficulty level: Easy