- 5 peaches . They can be under ripe since were going to bake them anyway.
- 1 lemon.
- ½ cup on amaretto liquor. You can use what you have. I’ve used peach schnapps, strawberry, watermelon , butterscotch. Have fun with it. This is where the creative side of being high comes out in me.
- ½ stick of regular butter , whatever butter you have is fine.
- 4 Tablespoons of sugar.
- About 8 large amaretto cookies. Were going to break them down to crumbs.
- Your favorite ice cream, I usually get a gallon of vanilla.
- First we need to break the cookies to medium size crumbs. I use a Cuisinart, if you don’t have 1 put the cookies in a zip-lock plastic bag and smack around the bag till you have desired crumb size. You’ll figure it out. Get the air out of the bag first.
- Rinse peaches and cut in half horizontally. Just cut to the pit and all around it, we’ll get it out in a moment.
- Now hold the the peach up an gently twist in opposite directions. 1 side should have the pit when the peach turns into half’s.
- With a small pearing knife cut out the pit. Get out all the pit particles from both sides. These wholes will be where the amaretto cookie crumbs will go.
- After peaches are pitted, cut lemon in half and rub on exposed peach flesh.
- Preheat oven to 325% Stuff peaches with cookies.
- Put a thin slice of butter on top of the stuffing and bake. 20- 30 minutes. You want the peaches to still be firm. So try 1 when you think it’s ready. You should have 1 extra peach I always make extra because I take this into account when cooking.
- Get med to large frying pan out and put on stove med heat.
- Add butter. Once the butter starts to melt and bubble “small bubbles” be care full not to burn the butter.
- Add your 4 tablespoons of sugar and squeeze ½ the lemon in the pan. Mix this will turn into a caramel almost.
- Turn off flame and add liquor.
- Put back on flame and start to burn out, reduce liquor. The easiest way to do this is to make that big fancy ball of fire over the stove. The real cool show off way.
- I do it , if your not comfortable with fire just put on med flame and slowly cook it out. About 5 min, keep tasting. Keep stirring
- Now we all come together……. Take peaches out of oven and plate, add as much ice cream as you want and top with amaretto sauce, or whatever you made.
This is somewhat of an easy recipe so don’t sweat it. If your high it will be good no mater what.
Cooking time (duration): 20
Recipe by StonedChef.com