Summary: This is a great side dish for the fall or winter season, simple, tasty and relatively fast. Crispy salty pancetta with savory charred Brussel sprouts with a squirt of lemon just brings this side dish to the next level.
- About a pound and a half of Brussel sprouts rinsed and cut in half.
- About 3-4 ½ inch thick slices of pancetta. Cut into med to small cubes.
- ½ fresh lemon.
- Boil Brussel sprouts till fork tender.
- As your sprouts are boiling in a large fry pan start to render your pancetta. So in a hot pan add your pancetta. Once it’s nice and crisp it’s time to bring it all together.
- Strain your Brussels sprouts and add to hot pan, you really want a nice char on your Brussels sprouts so don’t move anything around. Once you get a nice char now you can mix, then plate and a squirt of lemon to finish the dish and enjoy.