Fresh marinated tender octopus with sweet orange segments crunchy sliced celery marinated sliced almonds salty kalamata olives and finish with fresh parsley… ummmm
- 1 whole octopus fresh or frozen will do.
- 1 can of mandarin orange segments
- About a handful of sliced kalamata olives, pitted of course.
- About 3 celery stalks of fresh celery slice thin or do what you want.
- Half a handful of sliced almonds.
- About a handful of fresh parsley or mint works well too.
- Half a cup of red wine vinegar.
- A good extra virgin olive oil.
- In a large pot, boil enough water to submerge your fresh or if frozen octopus. If frozen let your octopus defrost the add about 4-5
- When almost at a boil add the octopus a lot of salt to the water. ¼ cups good. Let simmer for about 25-40 minutes covered SIMMER….
- In a large bowl add celery/ almonds/ strained mandarin oranges/sliced kalamata olives, ¼ cup of red wine vinegar pinch of coarse sea salt.
- After about 30 minutes of simmering your octo let it cool down and then slice it up, thin and long I prefer.
- Add it to the other ingredients and let it chill for at least 25 minutes
- Now add whole parsley, and serve.
- Finish with a good drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and enjoy.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4