Summary: I was tired of buying sloppy Joe from a can so I read the ingredients and decided to do it better! Fresh and I know what’s in it, and chances are you have the ingredients in your kitchen.
- About a pound and a half of chop meat.
- 1 onion diced.
- 1 bell pepper.
- 1 jalapeño or whatever chili you want.
- 1 small can of tomato paste, or small amount of tomato sauce.
- About a quarter cup of ketchup.
- About 2 cloves of garlic chopped, garlic powder works too. Salt and pepper.
- And whatever bread you want, I love martin’s potato rolls.
- In a large frying pan, heat high and add chop meat. Cook through and strain fat in a colander. Leave it alone.
- In the same frying pan add cut peppers, onion, chilis, garlic, salt and pepper to taste. Sweat them for about 8 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and try to spread it out, you want to burn it a little.
- Add about a quarter cup of water and all the rendered chop meat.
- Now add about quarter cup catsup and stir.
- Bring to a simmer for about 6-10 minutes put on some toasted martins potato rolls and enjoy.
Cooking Times/Difficulty Levels
This is guaranteed to be great! Anyone can do this.
Difficulty level: easy
Prep time: 5-10 minuets
Cooking time (duration): 5-10
Meal type: dinner