Summary: Great easy dish, comforting, tasty and will look harder than it is to make. Meaty mushrooms over crunchy toasted bread that’s just starting to absorb some of that mushroom broth and sweet balsamic vinegar and finished with a healthy serving of grated cheese…. ummmm
- About a pound of mushrooms cleaned and cut in half. I like to use cremini mushrooms , there just baby portabello. I use them because of their high water content and meaty texture.
- Olive oil “ always extra virgin” that’s the 1st press of the olives.
- Nice Italian bread
- Balsamic vinegar
- Parmigiano regiano grated cheese.
1. Clean and cut mushrooms in half. Use a damp cloth and just pat the mushrooms, not too hard.
2. Slice bread into medallions drizzle olive oil on bread add salt a little bit of grated cheese and toast or grill.
3. Heat up a large saute pan, add about 3 count of olive oil. That means pour the oil count to 3 and stop the pour.
4. When pan is hot add your mushrooms, a healthy pinch of salt and start to saute.
5. When the pan gets dry , and it will add a 3 count of balsamic vinegar and mix.
6. Now lower flame and add about ¼ cup of water and finish cooking till mushrooms are fork tender.
7. Now time to put it together. Lay out the toasted bread, put mushrooms over the bread with the beautiful juices fromthe mushrooms and sweet vinegar add a healthy helping of parmigiano regiano finish with with a good finishing extra virgin olive oil if you have add a pinch of kosher sea salt over the dish and enjoy !
Cooking Times/Difficulty Levels
Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
Prep Time : 5-8 minutes
Difficulty Level : Easy
Number of servings (yield): 4