Summary: This is a fantastic sandwich that you can have in your refrigerator for a week or so. Delicious succulent pulled pork, stewed with pineapple juice, spicy peppers on a sweet soft Korean bun. A sure hit for any high time roller.
- About a 3-5 pound pork shoulder is ideal.
- 1 large can on pine apple juice.
- 1 fresh pineapple cleaned and cut to your liking. Or 1 can of sliced pineapple works fine.
- 2 red bell peppers diced medium size.
- 4 cloves of garlic. Dice 1 red onion. Diced up. 1 small can of tomato paste.
- 1 jalapeño. Dice up.
- Salt and pepper olive oil.
- Try to find Korean sweet rolls, if not use what you like.
- In a large deep Dutch oven style pot heat up on stove top add about ¼ cup of olive oil.
- Add pork shoulder and sear evenly around the whole piece of meat. Add a generous couple of pinches of sea salt and some black pepper.
- Now add all your vegetables, peppers, onions, jalapenos, and garlic .Sautee for about 2 minutes and add the whole can of tomato sauce.
- Now add the large can of pineapple juice. Bring to a boil then reduce the heat to a simmer put the lid on and let it simmer for about 4-6 hours. This is called braising. Braise until pork is falling off the bone and becomes that nice shredded meat. Time can vary.
- If needed you can add some water. Keep tasting and adjusting salt pepper and spices to your liking.
- Toast your rolls, get your pineapple slices ready and build your ultimate pork sandwich. With a slotted spoon get some of that rich pork and add it on the sweet roll top with pineapples and enjoy.