Sauteed Calamari Ingredients
- about 2 pounds of Calamari, cleaned and cut to med size bites
- 1 stalk of leeks
- 3 tomatoes
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper.
Sauteed Calamari Instructions
- Bring a med size pot to a boil.
- Drop all the cut calamari in boiling water.
- Take out immediately with a mesh utensil. You’ll know to take the calamari out once it firms up. We are not cooking it, were just getting the water out.
- Keep calamari on the side and leave alone.
- In a large frying pan, start to brown some sliced garlic.
- Rinse your leeks by slicing them longways and rinse under cald water.
- Heat should be high, so should you.
- Slice thin and add to pan with the garlic
- add a touch of olive oil.
- Swear out , till translucent, soft,
- add salt and pepper.
- Cut tomatoes to dice size and add to frying pan.
- Add calamari NOW.
- Cook for about 2 minutes, or till hot.
- Plate and add salt and pepper.
- Drizzle a touch of olive oil and enjoy.
Cooking time (duration): 15