This dish is simple and packed with flavor, tender baby octopus with a spicy chunky tomato sauce fresh parsley and finished with lemon zest that brightens up the dish to a new plateau.
- 5 lbs. of fresh baby octopus, you can use frozen no problem.
- 2 large cans of whole plum tomato sauce, or chunky works.
- 3-4 cloves of peeled fresh garlic sliced thin.
- Handful of fresh flat leaf parsley rough chopped.
- 1 lemon for zesting
- Extra virgin olive oil.
- 1 scotch bonnet habanero pepper. Cut 1 time, right in half. We want to find it later and remove it! If you bite into it you’ll know and you’ll wish you didn’t. You can sub any chili you want to any level of spice you desire.
- In a large heavy pot heat high, and about a 3 count pout of oil to the pot.
- Add garlic and chili now. Stir.
- Add canned tomato and stir, cover with lid and lower heat. We want to break down the tomatos. High simmer for about an hour while stirring and helping break to tomatoes with your stirring utensil.
- Add defrosted baby octopus when you feel the sauce is the right consistency, I like thick and chunky.
- Stir; cook for about 10 minutes when the octopus just tightens up a little bit it’s ready. Time could be varying.
- Plate and now keep your eyes out for the habanero you cut in half.
- Finish with fresh flat leaf parsley, lemon zest and a drizzle of good extra virgin olive oil and enjoy!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 1-1 ½ hours
Difficulty level: easy, don’t be scared. Just get stoned and let your inner chi guide you!